Saturday 16 June 2012

Travel Day 2


12:15am Auzzie Time
Sydney Airport
So much for Sunny Sydney – We landed an hour ago, and it’s pouring with rain. I hope the weather is better in San Fran. Probably not. San Fran is known for its smog, not its sun.
We don’t have any Auzzie money, so I’m hungry, ‘coz I haven’t eaten since an inedible thing of sushi at the airport this morning, and I have a bad taste in my mouth, and am sorely outta luck.
I also am consciously watching my mouth, as Americans are fussy about pristine language, and mine, even as comparatively polite as it is, will shock and offend back in the States, so... yeah.... That’s life. Don’t worry. A few weeks back with you lot at home and I’ll be back to normal in no time. It’s been... inventive. The best so far have been “fundamental orifice” instead of “ass-hole”, “make a sexual exit” instead of “f*** off”, and “Make like a hockey player, and get the puck outta here,” to quote Tomorrow, When the War Began. (See, Miss Kostova, I have been learning my quotes!!!  ^-^) I have parents with very warped senses of humour. I’m only responsible for the quote one, and I’m supposed to be the rebellious teen who swears a lot!
Kristen, for your sake, I must add that we went on an A320-232 Air New Zealand. Asked Bennett for you – All I knew was that it was a pressurized tin can with wings. ;o)
Bennett knows because he managed to charm his way past the flight attendants and into the cockpit after the plane had landed and everyone had disembarked, and talked to the pilots. I managed to clonk my head on the overhead compartments, and get chuckled at by Mum and the flight attendants, as Mum’s head didn’t reach the bulkhead on which I clobbered mine. Yay. I hate travelling.
Oh, good. Mum has Auzzie money now, and a huge plate of spaghetti – my fave.
Au revoir... or, whatever “see ya” is in Italian,
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Trust Bennet to get to talk to the pilot. Lucky little beast. I'm jealous. Your blog is really interesting.

    Love Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Yeah, typical, eh? Not the first time, either.
    Thanks. I've tried to make it fun to read.
    Love,
    Rachel :o)

    ReplyDelete