Sunday 17 June 2012

Ah, the beginning of true holidays!

7:10pm San Fran time
Jayne's House
Just came back from the park! Very cool!!! Well, hot actually, given it's summer. Thank goodness it's not as completely roasting as yesterday. That was just intense. But, it's still hot enough, and I'm sunburned to prove it! Thankfully only minorly, though.
We were allowed an hour in the kayaks, and then I went swimming for a bit with Bennett. It was amazing. Beautiful, absolutely stunning sceneery, as the pics will tell you.
I love kayaking, and in the lake, it was great, because there was no current to fight against, and there's marshes on the sides to explore, and weeping willows on the banks. I was supposed to be with Mum and Jayne, who were in a double kayak, but I couldn't be bothered. I went my own way, did a whole lap of the lake. It was a big lake, too, and there was an island thing in the middle which was a make-shift bird sanctuary. We saw a Night Heron and an Egret, but I wasn't allowed to take my camera on the boat - Dad had it - so I couldn't take photos.
I know I have lots more "Sherlock"-type thoughts to write down, so I'll be back online when I remember, but I have to go now. The grimy marsh water is not great for one's skin and hair - as vain as I know that sounds - and I have to shower. I smell like a swamp-thing at the present moment!
Sayonara,
Rachel









No comments:

Post a Comment