Sunday 24 June 2012

Promised Happier Post

Well... Bodega was fun. We drove through the tiny little town, up to the Bodega Heads, and hiked around there. I took lots of pics. I know I keep promising to upload photos, and don't... I have them all on my computer and camera. It will take a while to find time.
Anyhow, Bodega is another one of those "microclimates", so it was quite windy. the walk was only about 2 miles, not far, but was made longer given we stopped to eat lunch and Bennett, Dad, and I stopped to take photos. Only bad bit was me nearly stepping in coyote scat, but not seeing any coyotes! Not fair!!!
The California Coast is gorgeous, and I repeat that Cali is the US version of NZ. The wildflowers are beautiful, and there are lots of birds. A red-tailed hawk flew right over our heads... twice! I didn't get a photo, though, as it caught a thermal and took off. We also saw a blue heron, a formation of pelicans, and lots of sparrows.
We all stopped back in the town on the way back by the Salt Water Taffy Shop!!! I love salt water taffy, and you can't get it in NZ. I'll try to save some to bring back, promise, but don't hold your breath, folks. My resolve is not that good, and I only have one bag to myself. Sorry.
We leave for Las Vegas tomorrow morning, bright and stinkin' early, so you probably won't hear too much more outta me for a while unless the Hotel has Wi-Fi. Just warning you now.
Ben, if you're reading this, go find a piano and play "Waking Up in Vegas" for me, will you, please? ;o) Thanks.
Good night, NZ. It's 11:45pm here, and I'm quite tired.
Dancing already,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment