Saturday 23 June 2012

New Friends

Well... yesterday was interesting, and I'm sorry for not posting said story yesterday, but we didn't get home from our friends' place until one in the morning... But that's later in the story!
So, I was expecting a nice, relaxing Friday. Mum and Jayne had gone out shopping, and Dad and Bennett had gone as Dad had banking stuff to do. Great. I could play piano as loud as I wanted, write stories, use the internet link, steal chocolate, etc.
Heh heh. Not so much. Turns out the banking stuff was concerning my old US University fund (unneeded, now that we live in NZ), and I was needed to sign some papers. There went my unhurried day. It took forever!!! And I only needed to scrawl my John Henry on three bloody pieces of paper. Waste of me getting off my lazy backside. Then, Dad and Bennet had stuff to do, so I was dragged around elecrtonics stores (fun), and Dad realised we were pushing late to get home to get ready to go out for dinner with the Glazers, friends of his and Mum's from when we lived here.
Mum was late in getting home, and we eventullay scuttled out the house at the same time we were supposed to arrive.... Thank goodness it was a Snata Rosa address, only twenty minutes away. :o)
But, the family has two girls, twins, four months younger than me. They're names are Amy and Gabby (aka Gabriel), and they are really fun, despite being the typical California sporty blonde types. ;o) I had a blast hanging out with them. We talked about the usual girly stuff, boy trouble and annoying friends and the stupidity of drugs and the differences in culture between here and NZ. They also had one of those cool X-Box video game players, so we played a soccer game with Bennett, and a dance-off game, which I failed epically. No surpise. I don't dance. I mean, I didn't full-out flunk, but I'm not the world's best dancer by any means.
But, I got a bit of my reputation back when Amy and Gabby bugged me to sing, having learned I sung in the choir at school. They were very impressed. :o) Very happy. I'm glad the other sopranos from choir weren't there. I ain't that good.
I wish I had brought my camera, but I didn't think of it. They're house is a MANSION!!! It's in a neighourhood with a gate at the entrance to the subdivision, and you need the people inside to open the gate for you. The twin's shared bathroom was bigger than my bedroom. It's sad. And, the house backed out onto the woods. A deer came to visit us, which was a nice touch. They say they have raccoons, too.
I will post the events of today just now, and goodness knows there are a lot of them!
Still dancing,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment