Sunday 1 July 2012

A Nice Day was had by All

Well, today was alright. We went to our old church, the Unitarian Church of Harrisburg, but of course, it's summer, so not many people were there. My friends Olivia and Robyn were gone, about which I was very annoyed. No one recognized me. It was fun to catch up with people, but I didn't really remember many of the adults. I was just looking forward to seeing 'Livie and Robyn.
Then, it was off to the shops. But, I had been up literally the whole night perivious, and am now exhausted, so that was fun. I have to try and keep myself awake until tonight so that my sleep schedule has a chance to get back on track, but I'm so tired I can't keep my eyes open! *Whines* I didn't get anything interesting at the shops. It was just for groceries.
I perked up a lot more when taken to a bookshop. Me in a bookshop is truly dangerous. As it was, I got the orginal Sir Arthur Connan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, and the DVD's of 1 and Game of Shadows. I saw the movies a while back, and was absolutely hooked. And I mean, HOOKED!!!
We had dinner with people from the nighbourhood, us, the family we're staying with, and the family down the street, the Swartzlanders'. Their daughter, Kira, was my best friend when I lived here - we were next door neighbours since we were 4 and 2 - and her brother, Conner, gets on well with Bennett. Kira and I just chatted for most of it. She has regained the imagination I remember, but to a different degree. Like I was, she's getting bullied a lot for not conforming to popular culture's ideals of normal. I say more power to her. I never backed down, either.
But, it's interesting. I think that I suppressed a lot of the memories of getting bullied in the US, and the other memories I had went with them, as all of this was new for a time, before my memories started getting triggered again, and returning.
Gotta go, folks. It's nearly 11pm. I know this isn't the most interesting post, and I still don't have photos up, but bear with me!
Thanks,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment