Tuesday 3 July 2012

Best. Day. Ever!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! Today was really cool. Mum and Lisa wanted to go shopping, and I tagged along with them. It was so sweet, as Lisa is one of the people that Mum has missed most when we're in NZ, and to see the two of them now is really cute. They acted more "giggly teen" than I did today, laughing and telling jokes and exchanging stories and hugging when they still couldn't believe we were all really in the US again. I'm glad to see Mum so happy because life has not been easy for her as of late.
Anyhow, we went to a whole bunch of clothing stores and went out for lunch and stuff. I got a whole stack of American sweets that you can't get in NZ, Laffy Taffies and Fireballs and Twizzlers Liquorice and candy sticks. I figure this will be my sweets supply until I get back, and I will try to save SOME for NZ people. Sorry, Mrs. Plumb.... I know, too much sugar is a very bad thing. To be fair, I have done a lot of exercise, kayaking, hiking, walking, swimming, jumping on the trampoline at Kira's, etc. Trust me, I want to still fit the new jeans I got!
Then, we were going out with the parents of one of my old best friends, who is 20 now, and I had no clue if she was going to be there or not, because she's in Uni, but Olivia was there! I was ssooo happy to see her! I couldn't believe it. This was the same kid that was my only lifeline when people at school were telling me I was worthless because I was not at all thin or beautiful or fashion-conscious (that is why I tend to stay away from the "popular" crowd in our class. Don't get me wrong, guys - you are all amazing - but I have some very nasty and unpleasant memories of being in close proximity of lots of popular, sporty girls at once. Please forgive me! I do not intend to be stuck up and snobbish, if that is how I appear!!!). This was the same kid that I went to every single time anything went wrong, and she would always be there with a hug and a smile and advice and a funny story to cheer me up. She is AWESOME!
But, now I have another person to fuss over and be overprotective of, as her Uni has had over 100 bomb threats, the FBI is involved, and she has not had a full night's sleep in a year. God, how I worry about people! And I have reason to now!!! I really hope she's okay. She seems happy enough. She's taking me to the mall on Friday, and I'm really excited! I mean, me and malls are not a usually good combo - we are not on the same planet, actually - but I don't care. Best friends are amazing people, and I would do pretty close to anything for them.
So, now it's like an after-holiday let-down, coz my homunculus was pretty much doing a jig all evening, and now I'm expected to actually sleep. I think a lot of my new book will be read. I'm up to Story 6 of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, having just finished The Case of the Five Orange Pips in the car on the way to the restaurant tonight.
Logging off before you all tell me to stop being sentimental and eating candy. I'm not being that sentimental.
... Wait ...
Just read through. Okay, so sue me, this is sentimental. I'm female - What do you expect?
Your highly sappy pal,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment