Saturday 7 July 2012

Friends! I like friends!

OMG! Most of my day was boring - I stayed holed up in Danielle's room and rewrote part of my story - but then it got fun! We had a party to go to, and I didn't realise that is was thrown so that we could catch up with people we knew from here.... ^-^ Dumb, I know. And, even dumber, I didn't have a nice pair of shorts left clean, so I had to wear my long jeans... in 102 degree weather. I was not a happy gal by the end of the day, trust me.
And and and... ROBYN AND OLIVIA WERE THERE!!! It was so cool! Robyn's 20 now, and in her second-to-last year of Nursing Training. You've heard about Olivia yesterday (and it was at her house, this party, so she was going to be there... Duh). But, we just hived up to Olivia's room, and gossiped and talked and chatted. We gossiped HEAPS. I mean, serious, door-closed, shun-the-outside-world, girls-only gossiping for AGES. I protect my friends' secrets, however... and my own.... No more on this subject! ;o)
I told them what was happening with my school and I got the lowdown on the American college system, we looked up random stuff on the web, and it was just awesome. They are such neat people. I've only just realised how bloody much I've missed them, and how hard it is gonna be to leave them on Wednesday!!! *Sobs*
Thankfully, we're all going swimming after church tomorrow (We all know each other through the Unitarian Church of Harrisburg), so that'll be really fun. I can't wait!
And, again, it was great to see my mum so happy, being back with her friends. She's been hit probs the hardest by the move to NZ, actually, and it's really good to see her cheery and chatty and fun again.
Bye for now,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment